“Because anyone can steer a ship, but it takes a leader to chart the course.” – J. Maxwell
What is Leadership Monett?
- Leadership Monett is a program that is committed to providing and enhancing the foundation for great business and community leaders with targeted and specialized training in an affordable and accessible manner.
- The belief is that an informed and committed community yields a better society for all.
Why is it Important to Monett?
- Because great leaders lead to great communities.
- Because it is not always clear where the community needs help.
- Because no one really teaches how to lead volunteer organizations.
- And because Leaders:
- Motivate us to take a journey with them.
- Have an agenda.
- Are results oriented.
- Are original and originate.
- Focus on people.
- Challenge the status quo.
- He / She is their own person.
- Fix things that are not broken.
- Raise and resolve issues quickly.
- Do not always wait to be told what to do next.
- Are not afraid to see self as others see them.
How Does Leadership Monett Work?
- Leadership Monett is a 4-month program that is structured to teach leadership, while showing a broad appreciation of the unique quality of life that is the City of Monett and its surrounding Barry—Lawrence County areas. It is:
- Sessions include:
- Overnight retreat.
- Ice breakers.
- Classmate interview sessions.
- Leadership interactions.
- Team building exercises.
- Business etiquette.
- Social Skills - Table manners, Cell phone.
- 8 – Classroom sessions.
- Class Project.
Leadership Monett Result
- Productive leaders at work.
- Leaders who know and understand how communities work.
- Leaders ready to support our broadening community needs.
Monett Chamber of Commerce 200 East Broadway P.O. Box 47 Monett, Missouri 65708 Voice: 417-235-7919 Fax: 417-235-4076 firstname.lastname@example.org